PhD and MA-Advising
If you are interested in working with me on any of my on-going projects – either for a PhD project or an MA-thesis, or as a Research Assistant, do get in touch. I would particularly support projects about peace building, rebel group transformation, political parties in post-civil war contexts. I also welcome projects that focus on democratisation, conflict, development, and governance and human rights.
Teaching 2019/2020: University of York – Department of Politics
- Democracy, Autocracy and the State (DAS) – Comparative Politics. 2nd year BA course (Co-convener, Lecturer, Seminars)
- War and Peace. 2nd year BA course, Department of Politics. Spring term lectures on Peace, all-year seminars.
- Introduction to Democratic Politics. 1st year BA course. Selected lectures in Spring semester.
Courses/Lectures I have taught
I have taught a variety of courses in Comparative Politics, Peace and Conflict Studies, Development Studies, and Research Methods at the Universities of Cambridge, Bergen, and Oslo in both large lecture courses and small seminars. Here is a brief overview of courses I have developed and taught:
- Post-colonial versus international state-building in Indonesia and East Timor (Cambridge/2017 and 2018). 2nd year undergraduate module in Comparative Politics – POL4). Full module.
- Political parties in post-conflict states (Univ. of Bergen 2014-2015). MA-course in Comparative Politics. Lectures and seminars (Course convener)
- Qualitative Methods (Univ. of Bergen/2014-2015). MA.
- Politics and Development/STV2310 (Univ. of Oslo/ 2010 and 2011). Undergraduate course. Lectures.
- Selected Topics in Peace and Conflict Studies/STV4283 (Univ. of Oslo/2008). MA-course Peace and Conflict Studies and Political Science. Lectures.
- Research Methods Political Science/STV 4020 (Univ. of Oslo). Case Studies/Comparative Case Studies/Field Work. MA-course.
- Research Methods and Fieldwork/UTV2000 (Univ. of Oslo). Undergraduate methods course Development Studies. Lectures and Seminars.
If you are interested in course outlines for any of these courses, or want to share ideas for how to decolonise our curriculum – please do get in touch. I always want to hear new ideas.
- Post-colonial versus international state-building in Indonesia and East Timor (Cambridge 2017 and 2018).
- Masters Dissertations (Univ. of Oslo and Bergen (2007-2012)
- Dissertations/Independent Study Projects – Undergraduate (Univ. of Bergen 2012-2015).
- PhD Supervision: University of Bergen and Cambridge