I teach the following courses:
- Democracy, Autocracy and State (DAS). 2nd year BA course (Convener, Lecturer, Seminars). (1) Autumn term reading list (2) Spring term reading list
- The Politics of Peace after Civil War. 3rd year BA (Convener, lectures, seminars). Politics of peace reading list
- War and Peace. 2nd year BA course, IR course Department of Politics Lectures, seminars
- Introduction to Democratic Politics. 1st year BA course (2019/20, selected lectures in spring semester).
Past courses/Lectures I have taught
I have taught a variety of courses in International Relations, Politics, Peace and Conflict Studies, Development Studies, and Research Methods at the Universities of Cambridge, Bergen, and Oslo in both large lecture courses and small seminars. Here is a brief overview of courses I have developed and taught:
- Post-colonial versus international state-building (Cambridge, Lent term 2017 and 2018). 2nd year undergraduate module- POL4). Full module.
- Political parties in post-conflict states (Univ. of Bergen 2014-2015). MA – level Lectures and seminars (Course convener)
- Qualitative Methods (Univ. of Bergen/2014-2015). MA and PhD.
- Politics and Development/STV2310 (Univ. of Oslo/ 2010 and 2011). Undergraduate course. Lectures.
- Selected Topics in Peace and Conflict Studies/STV4283 (Univ. of Oslo). MA-course Peace and Conflict Studies and Political Science.
- Research Methods Political Science/STV 4020 (Univ. of Oslo). Qualitative methods and fieldwork. MA-course.
- Research Methods and Fieldwork/UTV2000 (Univ. of Oslo). Undergraduate methods course Development Studies. Lectures and Seminars
- Post-colonial versus international state-building (POL4, Cambridge Lent term 2017 and 2018).
- Masters Dissertations (Univ. of Oslo and Bergen)
- Dissertations/Independent Study Projects – Undergraduate (Univ. of Bergen 2012-2015).
- PhD Supervision and mentoring: University of Bergen, Cambridge and York